Posts tagged ‘tagged’
And here’s another…
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence along with these instructions in a note to your wall.
* Don’t dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.
“Shouldn’t I have some idea ahead of time what that might be” I asked, “I mean, suppose the bride is allergic to wasabi-basted arugula aspic?”
Dexter in the Dark by Jeff Lindsay
That is the question. My good friend Susie just tagged me. I’ll give this a shot, but I’m really bad at these things and usually end up just deleting it all before I post it. So, if you’re reading this, you all should feel very lucky I decided to go through with it!
I’m supposed to tell you readers 6 random facts/interesting/crative things about myself.
1. I basically have 3 1/4 degrees. In college (Luther College, Decorah, IA) I received BA’s in History and Religion. I was working on a minor in Africana Studies, but didn’t quite make it. I guess trying to do an entire minor degree your senior year doesn’t quite work! I also have an MA in Old Testament from Luther Seminary, St. Paul, MN.
2. I’ve started sewing. I do have a sewing machine that was graciously loaned to me by one of my pastors. It was her mothers machine and it’s been in their basement for years as she has her own. I’ve completed 2 projects: a bucket hat and a tank top. I’ve started a blog about my sewing adventures. If you’re interested, head on over to read about my bucket hat project!
3. My husband and I are attempting to be more green/organic. To that end we have now joined a total of 3 co-ops. One for meat, one for produce and one for dairy. We get our first batch of Raw milk in a week…yippie! We’re also learning to can (we’ve made one batch of tomato sauce). One of the reasons I took up sewing was to help further our goal of being able to provide most of our own goods. I also knit upon occasion. One day we hope to have a garden so we can grow most of our own produce as well. I’d like to start baking bread on a regular basis as well, so we can cut that cost down significantly.
4. I grew up in a small town in Minnesota called Spring Valley. Growing up, I always said I would stay in Minnesota and most likely stay in Spring Valley (Population 2,600). Of course, by the time I reached High School, I couldn’t wait to get out! I now live in Chicago, IL (Population 2,842,518). I LOVE Chicago!
5. I am an Aunt to 2 beautiful nieces and 1 adorable nephew. Nicole is 15, Hannah is 2 and Logan is 6. Logan is the newest addition, as his mother just married my brother in law. He’s a lot of fun and calls me Aunt Mae! I am also the god-mother of 1 amazing little girl. Jannah is her name, and she is the daughter of one of my best friends, Susie, who tagged me for this post.
6. YAY! I’m at 6!! Only one more thing to try and think about…crap…what should I tell you?? I LOVE TO READ!! I just ordered 4 new books today, and they probably won’t last me a month. When I get a new book, everything else takes a backseat and I read every spare moment I have. I love fantasy books the most. The more wizards, dragons, fairies, vampires the better! I also enjoy some SciFi…all fiction though. Not a fan of most non-fiction.